What to Look For in a Flood Damage Restoration Company
It stands to reason that if you need to water damage restoration in Austin, Texas, your best provider is a professional flood damage restoration expert located in Austin, Texas. There are only a few true water damage restoration companies in Austin which offer a complete restoration package. There are six qualities to look for in the company you hire to clean up your flood damage:
1. Do you offer a complete package of restoration services (not just carpet)? A flood damages a lot more than just carpet. There may be structural damage to sub-flooring. There may be warping of baseboards and moldings, as well as damage to walls, furniture, papers, and even electronics depending on the depth of the water. Don’t settle for carpet cleaning when you need restoration companies. There’s a big difference between the two.
2. How long have you been in business? The best providers have been around for awhile, and have the experience to recognize potential problems. Experience and the proper equipment may also help them to perform a more thorough job in less time
3. Are the technicians adequately trained, full-time professionals? You need more than a subcontractor or temp with a sponge and a bucket!
4. Does the company use industrial strength equipment? It takes more than a ShopVac to clean up after a flood. Professional restorers use water removal equipment as well as dehumidification equipment.
5. Do the technicians use professional gear on a daily basis? The best equipment doesn’t matter if the technician can’t figure our how to operate it.
6. Are the technicians employed by the flood restoration company or are they merely subcontractors? Employees have more at stake and usually do a better job.
The answers to these questions will go a long way in determining whether or not you are working with a skilled specialist in flood restoration services.
Other Cleaning Services
There are three other types of services that claim to be able to clean up water damage. Internet marketing companies have a website taking calls from everywhere which they then pass on to subcontractors in the Austin area. The company may not be located anywhere Austin, or may only be targeting the area to profit from recent flooding. National franchises are usually fairly new to the area, with little connection or experience. The staff may be new, minimally trained, with little or no real-world experience.
Finally, many carpet cleaning companies advertise themselves as restoration services. But they lack even the basic necessary equipment for water removal and dehumidification. They may have little education or experience. Worst of all, their focus is on carpet, and may not be able to restore personal belongings or furniture.
Your home is your biggest investment. If you’ve suffered flood damage, you now risk mold and mildew that can injure your family’s health and destroy the value of your home. This is the time to call in a professional who can handle all aspects of flood restoration. It just stands to reason.